Choosing Education Every Day

Get Help From A Veterans Admissions Advisor

If you are a veteran, you may decide that you want to take advantage of your G. I. Bill so that you can go to college. If this is true, then you are going to need to get some help to navigate the system. There are all kinds of things that you are going to deal with in order to get into the college and to get your military benefits to kick in so that they will pay for your tuition and any other eligible fees. Most colleges, like the one represented at, have advisors that are there to help you; they're called veteran admission advisors or something similar. 

Veteran Admission Advisors

These people are familiar with all the pertinent laws and regulations that go into getting a veteran into school. This can include things like what kind of paperwork you need from your branch of the military as well as the federal Veterans' Affairs offices. The name and numbers on the paperwork can vary from branch to branch, so the discharge paperwork from the Army may be different to the necessary paperwork from the Navy. You may also have to meet different eligibility criteria depending on what kind of school you are in and if it's a private university or a state university. The advisors who are in charge of helping vets get into the school will know all these things and help walk you through everything necessary. There are a lot of benefits to getting help from an advisor when you are trying to get into college as a veteran. 


Not only will the advisor be able to help you with all the necessary military paperwork, they will be able to help you with other paperwork, like financial aid paperwork to help you get grants and loans over and above what the G. I. Bill will pay for. They can also help you negotiate all the necessary paperwork that schools will need. 


The advisor won't just quit when you get into school; they will also be able to help you after you have been admitted. That's when they will help you with things like setting up any services you may need, such as tutoring or extra services to deal with any kind of disability from your service. 

If you are going to go to college after you are done with your military service, you should make sure that the school you are interested in has an advisor who specializes in veterans' issues to help you.